This Day in Water History is a blog about historical happenings in the fields of drinking water and wastewater keyed to calendar dates. Some of the posts are quite serious and others are whimsical. Some of the posts are about events that had worldwide implications and others are quite obscure. It is a work in progress. The blog is maintained by Michael J. McGuire as a subsidiary to his blog safedrinkingwaterdotcom. If you have a suggestion to add to the list of historical happenings on specific dates, send an email to email@example.com. Please go to this page for today’s reminder.
Now on Kindle and in Paperback!
- 67,403 views
Blogs I Follow
Follow my other blog on This Day in Water History
- Ain't that the damn truth. twitter.com/marigbird/stat… Tweeted 11 hours ago
- RT @nytimes: Russian hackers who targeted Hillary Clinton appear to attack France's Emmanuel Macron nyti.ms/2oHMtNQ https://t.co/sZ… Tweeted 12 hours ago
- .@greta is a moron. What was MSNBC thinking? twitter.com/mslizsail/stat… Tweeted 12 hours ago
- RT @GavinNewsom: Not just immoral, but unconstitutional seems to be the ongoing theme here. -Muslim Ban -Muslim Ban 2.0 -Defunding #Sanctu… Tweeted 12 hours ago
- RT @ASCETweets: Civil engineers can lead the way to better environmental, social & economic choices. Envision provides the framework https:… Tweeted 17 hours ago
Tagsafrican clawed frogs Allen Hazen American Water Works Association anesthesia blogging Boonton Reservoir Broad Street pump calcium sulfate China chloramines chloride of lime chlorine Chlorine revolution chloroform cholera common cup Consumer Confidence Reports courage cVOCs death spiral diarrheal diseases disinfection drinking water environment epidemic epidemiology ether Fracking George W. Fuller George Warren Fuller ghost map Google books gypsum Hawaii hexavalent chromium history Jersey City John L. Leal John Snow Journal AWWA Kindle Lead and copper rule London Maui Naegleria fowleri New Jersey nitrosamines obituary peer review perchlorate pollution public health Publishing railroads regulation regulations research Samuel J. Crumbine scuba diving sewage sewers tap water technology The Chlorine Revolution travel typhoid fever Video wastewater reuse water Water cycle water history water quality water resources water utilities Wikipedia
Community Engaged in This Blog