Alan Roberson has released the text of a presentation that he made recently that is, in effect, a drinking water regulatory update. He also noted that he will be presenting at an AWWA webcast on he implications of EPA’s third regulatory determination. The webcast is scheduled for September 5, from 11:00 am to 12:30 pm MDT. Check out the AWWA webpage for more information and registration instructions.
The regulatory update covers these important topics:
- Requirements of the third Unregulated Contaminant Monitoring Rule (UCMR3)
- Status of the final Revised Total Coliform Rule (RTCR)
- New definition of “lead free” water service products (i.e., <0.25% lead)
- Delay in perchlorate regulation
- EPA third regulatory determination due: predicted rules on nitrosamines, strontium and chlorate
- Proposed Long-Term Lead and Copper Rule (LT-LCR) Revisions due in 2013
- Schedule for the proposed carcinogenic Volatile Organic Compound (cVOC) Rule
- EPA’s plan for a retrospective review of all of its regulation
Once again, if you are the “designated inmate” for your water utility in the event of a violation of a federal drinking water regulation, Alan’s update is required reading.